WINNER will receive $1,000 and a year's subscription to Bayou Magazine.
FINALISTS will be named on our website.
All submissions will be considered for publication.
The 2020-2021 Judge of the James Knudsen Prize in Fiction is Stephanie Soileau.
- Submissions must be original, previously unpublished work of fiction, no longer than 7500 words.
- We accept novel excerpts if the submission stands alone as a complete short story.
- Reading fee: $20, includes a contest issue.
- You may enter more than one story, but each submission must be uploaded separately with its own entry fee.
- We are unable to provide refunds, so please review your submission carefully before uploading.
- Please enter your name, address, phone number, email address, and the title of your submission on our online form ONLY.
- DO NOT include your name or any other personal information on the pages of your entry. Any submission with identifying material will be disqualified.
NOTE: We subscribe to the CLMP contest code of ethics. UNO students and alumni are ineligible to submit. Previous contest winners as well as current or former students of the judge are also ineligible to submit.