WINNER will receive $1,000 and a year's subscription to Bayou Magazine.
FINALISTS will be named on our website.
All submissions will be considered for publication.
The 2019-2020 Judge of the James Knudsen Prize in Fiction is Marcy Dermansky.
- Submissions must be original, previously unpublished work of fiction, no longer than 7500 words.
- Reading fee: $20, includes a contest issue.
- We accept novel excerpts if the submission stands alone as a complete short story.
- You may enter more than one story, but each submission must be uploaded separately with its own entry fee.
- Please enter your name, address, phone number, email address, and the title of your submission on our online form ONLY.
- DO NOT include your name or any other personal information on the pages of your entry. Any poem with identifying material will be disqualified.
NOTE: We subscribe to the CLMP contest code of ethics. UNO students and alumni are ineligible to submit. Previous contest winners, along with current or former students of the judge are also ineligible to submit.